This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some cookies on this site are essential, and the site won't work as expected without them. Read More

The Long House Surgery
 The Long House Surgery
national health service

73 East Trinity Road

Tel: 0131 552 4919




Registrations are open 


You can download copies of the GP Registration form in the ' Our Documents' section of this website (PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE 2 PARTS TO DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE) 


Registration forms are also available from Reception



When you register with us you must bring 2 of the following items as proof of address and identity:


  • Driving Licence
  • Passport
  • Utility Bill (Dated within the last 3 month)
  • Bank Statement (this must show your address)
  • P45/P60
  • Council Tax notification
  • Tennancy agreements (Dates within the last 6 months)
  • NHS Medical Card
  • Pension statement (Dated within the last 12 months)
  • Letter from a government department (IE DWP/Local authority etc)

If you are resident with your parents/carer and wish to register with us, we will accept any of the above items along with a signed letter from your parents/carer confirming your residence at their address


Temporary Residents


If you are a visitor to the area or you are a student visiting home over a holiday period and need to see a GP you must register as a temporary resident.  Temporary residence is for a period of 3 months or less.  You will need to complete a registration form when you visit the practice.  You will also need to provide the following in order to allow us to register you:


  • Proof of home address within the UK
  • Name and address of your own GP
  • Contact number
  • Proof of the address that you are temporarily resident at
  • An estimate of the time that you expect to be resident in the area

Please see the Reception team for more information












Choose font size: A A A


Total visitors:320617 | Disclaimer